Thursday 16 May 2013

New projects

While we are talking about new projects, the students have been working hard on their comic strip projects. Incase they didn't tell you, we will be using iPads to create our comic strips! They started working on their plans while I was away sick yesterday, and when I was looking at their work today, I literally had goosebumps. What they are creating is amazing!! I can't wait to see and share the final results!

We also have a new project that I am asking students to get started on. We will be doing personal interest speeches (art orratoire) coming up in June.

The work for next Wednesday, May 22, is is to come up with what they want to speak about, as well as a list (point form is ok) of what knowledge they ALREADY HAVE (please do not start any research. We will be talking about this at school).

As I said, they can do this about anything they want. When I was in school, I did mine on the life of a gymnast because at that time, I was training many many hours a week in gymnastics. My niece who is in grade 6 just did one titled 'a day in the life of my dance shoes' and even spoke for the Burnaby school trustees! Other ideas, are a pastime or sport they find interesting, a particular animal they like,or a hero. Another idea is to take something we have studied in class already (space, especially with Chris Hadfield's popularity, or a province or territory in Canada), and go more in depth in their speech. The possibilities are endless!

Happy choosing!

No comments:

Post a Comment