Monday 4 January 2016

Happy New Year!

I would like to start by wishing you all a happy new year! I hope everyone had a restful and relaxing break. I heard all about the fun things everyone did today! I also want to say a heartfelt thank you for the lovely Christmas gifts and cards. I feel spoiled! Spending time with your children is a gift! I really enjoy every day with the class this year!

Just to let you know everything is status quo for the new year. Dictee continues as is, home reading continues as is (we will take class book out starting tomorrow), and one of our library days stays the same (exchange books on Mondays). the only change is that we won't be having library on Fridays. Instead we will have music with Mme Christina on Wednesdays. Each class gets two terms of music, so it's our turn now!

We also have our new vice principal, Mr Daniel. Be sure to stop by and say hi to him if you get a chance.

I will be sending home more information on our new math, science, and socials units as we get started on them. For now, if you have any extra of the following supplies at home, could you please send them to school for our next science unit:
- white glue
- twine
- newspapers
- mini marshmallows
- toothpicks
- popsicle sticks

Much appreciated!

Here is to a happy and healthy 2016, filled with lots of learning!

No comments:

Post a Comment