Tuesday 14 November 2017

Goal setting sheets went home with students (who were there for conferences) in their agendas today. Most supports went home as well. When I showed students math and fine motor worksheets, many wanted to take them home even if it wasn't their goal they set. Everyone went home with some math games and colouring sheets :)

I also came across this article recently about how to support kids when getting away from screen time is tough. Of course no soloution will fit everyone, but it is something to consider. I know that children love their screen time, but I encourage you to help them limit their video game and TV time. I know it may seem 'mean' but it's for their benefit! There is a lot of research about brain development and screen time. If you're interested, you can find more in the articles below. I found reading them made me more aware of my own screen habits.

What screen time can really do

Warnings about the dangers of screen time

Kids are getting too much screen time and it's affecting their development

No comments:

Post a Comment