Thursday 8 January 2015

FYI

Dear division 1 families 

 

I just wanted to give you a heads up that I will be away from school from February 19th until March 1. There will be a TOC in for me that I will leave very detailed instructions for! They will know all our routines and expectations that are normally in place In the class!

 

I will be away at two different sporting events as a coach. I volunteer my time as a figure skating coach with Special Olympics Vancouver, working with athletes with intellectual disabilities. While I am away, I will be acting as Vancouver head coach at provincial games. I will then be going straight to Canada Games where I will be acting as provincial head coach for the Special Olympics skaters on Team BC. This is a very special opportunity since figure skating is the only sport that has a Special Olympic contingent in the games! 

 

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask me!

 

Mme Jessica 


1 comment:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS! That's so cool that you were chosen to coach these two teams ~ what an honour! Will we be able to watch the teams on TV? You are setting such a great example for your students~ thank you!

    ReplyDelete