Tuesday 13 October 2015

Just a reminder that tomorrow is our field trip to the planetarium. Please make sure you pack a healthy snack and lunch, and send your child in comfortable clothes. We will be leaving the school at 9:45 and will be arriving back around 3. 

We spoke extensively about the election today. I enjoy covering this part of the curriculum!! We spoke today about different levels of government, some of their roles, and also about how political parties work. Tomorrow morning, before we go to the planetarium, we will start looking at the parties platforms. I find it is of utmost importance for me to stay neutral when teaching this, but I encourage you to talk to your children about your political opinions. It's always great for students to hear from others about voting! 

We will be doing the actual vote on Thursday. I will need two volunteers to be our election officials. If you are free between 11 and 12, please let me know!

I have to keep the results of the vote secret until the official results are announced, but I will make sure to post our results as soon as I am able to!

Finally, just so you are awake, my last day before my wedding will be this Thursday. If you have any questions or concerns you want to address before I go, please let me know!! Otherwise I will be back on the 27th. 

No comments:

Post a Comment