Monday 22 January 2018

Today we had the chance to visit the fire safety house that the Vancouver Fire Department brings to schools. Students learned about the importance of having a plan at home in case of a fire. Students have the homework of creating a plan with their families. When they bring back their plan, I have a certificate and sticker for them!

We also didn't have time for dictée! Ahh! Students were working so hard on a piece of writing that we just didn't get to it. We will do it tomorrow instead.

I had a few people ask more about the yoga and just dance that we do for movement breaks in the class. The yoga is called Cosmic Kids Yoga and you can find her channel on yYouTube. I find the longer story ones are if a great level for grade 3 kids.

You will find that if you look on YouTube for just dance videos, some will have moves that aren't quite appropriate.

A couple of the ones off my playlist that I know are appropriate are:
Da Funk
Just Mario
In the Summertime
Happy
Prince Ali
Let It Go
Rock and Roll (Will Take You To The Mountain)

If you find some others let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment